Under the direction of the Director, Engineering, Safety and Environmental, the Utilities Supervisor is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Site Utilities Systems. This includes potable water, purified water, steam, compressed air, HVAC, chilled water, fire pumps, incinerator, and wastewater treatment plant. It also includes operation of the fire pumps, the incinerator, and the wastewater treatment plant. Administers the building automation system (BAS) and other applicable control systems in utilities. Facilitates the improvements of utilities processes, including quality, cost, safety, and environmental compliance. Plans, organizes, and implement programs to ensure proper and efficient operation of Utilities systems to avoid unscheduled downtime. Manages the site’s Energy Conservation initiatives, which include electricity, diesel and water. Operates within a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with all Client Pharmaceutical Services Policies and Guidelines.
- Responsible for the operation of the site’s utilities systems.
- Responsible for the maintenance program of all site utilities (predictive, preventive and corrective), which include potable water, purified water, steam, compressed air, chilled water, HVAC, fire pumps, incinerator and wastewater treatment plant. Participates in the development, administration and evaluation of maintenance planning and reliability programs.
- Monitors the performance of utilities to maintain optimum conditions in compliance with environmental and safety regulations. Responsible for the evaluation and troubleshooting of malfunctions or deviations of utilities systems including investigations writing, risk evaluations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) implementations.
- Recommends and implements actions to improve utilities considering quality requirements, efficiency, and regulatory requirements among others. Develops and revises SOPs for utilities equipment and systems.
- Executes conservation action as defined in site’s energy conservation strategy. Collaborates in the identification of reduction initiatives in the consumption of electricity, diesel and water Identifies water recycling initiatives in the utilities area.
- Responsible for the site Energy Star certification.
- Maintains the area documentation up to date and in compliance with government, policies and regulations.
- Assists in the preparation of the Department operational budget.
- Reinforces plant safety practices and procedures and instructs utility personnel in their use by conducting periodic safety meetings and audits.
- Manages employee’s attendance in the electronic system. Completes weekly sign off for utilities operators, technicians and Group Leader.
- Complies with all safety, environmental and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) training, procedures, and permits as applicable.
- Perform any other job-related duties as required or that may arise in the future.
Education and/ or Experience
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical)
- Five (5) years of experience in pharmaceutical industry.
Licenses and/ or Certifications
- PR Engineering License, Certification or related professional field certification, preferred.