The incumbent will be responsible for the Capital projects of the site. Responsible for capital management approval and expenditures tracking. Might supervise the activities of Engineering Associates, Staff Engineers, contract engineers, Capital Analyst, Computer Aided Design (CAD) operator, Field Supervisors, and construction workforce, to implement engineering projects from initial concepts final startup. Consult and advise Plant Management regarding project implementation strategies.
- Will be responsible for Capital projects and will manage them from scope development to start-up and customer delivery, meeting all internal and external applicable regulations.
- Responsible for all project phases: justification, return of investment calculation, estimate, scope of work, basis of design, design, project schedule, cost control, construction, commissioning, and closeout.
- Maintain close communication with all relevant stakeholders to expedite projects approvals.
- Responsible for assuring projects meet all relevant cGMP standards, safety, environmental, engineering standards, national and local code regulations and that the work is executed safely.
- Responsible for the proper documentation and drawing updating of all new installations and to provide instructions to operating and maintenance personnel.
- Provides engineering assistance to manufacturing and other support departments in evaluating problems solutions, providing scope alternatives and cost estimates
- Responsible to comply with local government agencies (OGPE, Fire Department, Health Department, and Municipal government) in respect to project permitting for construction and occupancy.
- Responsible for overall financial aspects of project, cost control, invoice auditing, project closeout, and asset value assignments.
- Responsible for the supervision of closeout procedures and that properly is capitalized and reported to Finance.
- Might have supervisory responsibilities of professionals and clerical personnel.
- Develops and maintains Capital Master Plan aligned to corporate guidance and expectations
- Comply with all environmental trainings, procedures, guidelines, practices, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), permit conditions and internal notifications of any environmental event.
- Perform any other job-related duties as required or that may arise in the future.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duh; satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Combined 10 Years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in the process, maintenance, and projects engineering areas.
- Experience in Capital Project Management (including estimates) of projects over $10,000,000.
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- License from Puerto Rico College of Engineers and Surveyors, required.