Doctorate degree OR Master’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience OR Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of directly related experience.
Bachelor degree in accounting with at least 5 years in cost accounting experience /
Master degree (accounting or finance) with at least three years in cost accounting experience /
CPA or MBA with at least three years in cost accounting experience.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet software
• Excellent data analysis skills
• Good financial business understanding
• Strong organizational skills with ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
• Ability to demonstrate judgment and make appropriate recommendations
• Experience in driving and implementing change
• Experience managing outsource partner relationship
• Experience in financial system implementation
• Experience in US GAAP and Foreign Currency transaction accounting and understanding concepts to translate into guidance for financial reporting
• Experience in other functional accounting areas (i.e. cash, investments, intercompany)
• Detail orientated; strong business analytical skills
• Strong systems skills – inclusive of SAP
• Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills (English and Spanish)
• Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple deliverables
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; influence at all levels, functions and geographies
Provide complex account analyses and journal entries and may supervise/manage and review accounting staff and analyst work. Functions: Prepare and review complex journal entries. Perform and review complex general ledger account analysis and reconciliation. Prepare and review audit schedules and answer complex questions from internal and external auditors. Preparation and review of complex financial schedules such as footnote, month-end flash reports, LE (latest estimate) support and other ad hoc schedules. May supervise/manage and review accounting control functions and reporting requirements such as: Corporate partner billings , Royalties, Dept. of Commerce filings, Sales & Use tax returns, Responds to internal Client staff complex questions regarding accounting issues, Special projects may be assigned. Education/Licenses: Doctorate degree or Master’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience or Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of directly related experience or Associate’s degree & 10 years of directly related experience or High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience.
COMPETENCIES/SKILLS: Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet software, Excellent data analysis skills, Strong communication skills including written and verbal, Basic presentation skills, Good financial business understanding, Strong organizational skills, Strong understanding and application of basic accounting principles including GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), Ability to demonstrate judgment and make appropriate recommendations, Develop and maintain operational processes and procedures, Ability to work effectively with senior management.