Requirements Education & Experience
Master’s degree OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering & 2 years of Engineering experience
Shift: 8hrs – 1st shift
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
• Experience performing time studies and workforce models including some simulation software experience
• Proficient in the following software: Minitab, MS Excel, Vizio, MS Power Point, MS Project
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Well Organized
• Enthusiastic about learning new concepts and work processes
Under general supervision, provides characterization of process optimization strategies and/or troubleshooting of operational issues in the operations, manufacturing, pilot plant or capital projects environment. Applies basic engineering principles to the design and implementation of system modifications, experiments and/or capital projects. Organizes, analyzes and presents interpretation of results for operational issues or engineering projects of minor scope and complexity
1. Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
2. Under general supervision will evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures. Assistance given for unusual problems.
3. Perform assignments that have clear and specific objectives and require investigation of limited number of variables. (*)
4. Initiate and complete routine technical tasks.
1. Function as a technical expert to equipment or systems regarding troubleshooting operations. Frequently become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems. (*)
2. Routinely audit the operational performance and regulatory compliance of a moderate number of equipment items or systems of significant complexity. (*)
3. Work with research, manufacturing, maintenance, process development, utilities, facilities, quality assurance and/or validation departments in developing requirements and recommendations for system modifications. (*)
1. Work under the direct supervision of project managers to complete design, engineering, and construction projects within schedule and budget constraints. (*)
2. Work with consultants, architects and engineering firms on development of standard design documents. (*)
3. Obtain and critique quotes for equipment modifications or installations.
4. Generate rudimentary project cost estimates and schedules.
* Other functions may be assigned
• Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech processes
• Familiarity with validation processes
• Familiarity with documentation in a highly regulated environment
• Ability to operate specialized laboratory equipment and computers as appropriate.
• Ability to interpret and apply GLPs and GMPs.
• Ability to apply engineering science to production.
• Able to develop solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope
• Demonstrated skills in the following areas:
o Problem solving and applied engineering.
o Basic technical report writing
• Verbal communication
• Comprehensive understanding of validation protocol execution requirements.
• Demonstrated Skills in the following areas:
o Basic technical presentations
o Personal Organization
o Validation Protocol Writing
o Dealing with and managing change
o Technical (Equipment Specific)
o Analytical Problem Solving
o Computer Literacy