Requirements Education – Experience
Master’s degree OR Bachelor’s degree & 2 years of directly related experience OR
Associate’s degree & 6 years of directly related experience OR High school diploma / GED & 8 years of directly related experience
Preferred educational background in: Bachelor’s degree in Science (e.g., Biology, Biomedical, Chemistry), Industrial Engineering and Master’s degree in Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Safety
The candidate must have experience conducting Ergonomic Evaluations for offices, laboratories and/or industrial settings.
Other preferred experience or skills include:
• Using ergonomic software (e.g., Humantech, Auburn Engineering), tools (e.g., NIOSH, RULA, REBA) or manual forms
• Technical report writing
• Fluent in English
• Working with Excel spreadsheets and SharePoint sites
• Ergonomic controls selection or design
• Supporting other Industrial Hygiene Assessments like Noise Studies or Air Sampling
Client requires all staff, staff augmentation external workers, and certain other external workers, in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of assignment. In accordance with applicable law, client will provide reasonable accommodations to staff augmentation external workers who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to client, its operations, or its staff.
Provide technical expertise for the management of Environmental Health & Safety programs. Under minimal supervision, perform EH&S duties for program design, development and implementation. Be recognized as a technical EH&S specialist. Independently take actions with impact in area of responsibility and programs.
• Ensure compliance with EH&S federal, state and local regulations.
• Evaluate existing and new regulations impact upon Amgen operations.
• Develops new programs and implement changes as necessary.
• Interface with EH&S regulatory agencies.
• Be recognized as a program liaison to external agencies.
• Prepare for and conduct inspections with agency representatives present.
• Prepare reports, responses to inquiries and conduct monitoring.
Support Amgen Operations
• Design, develop and implement EH&S programs.
• Maintain & continuously improve EH&S programs to support client’s operations for day-to-day operations.
• Assess EH&S practices to manage client’s long-term liability for planning, acquisitions, etc.
Training & Procedures
• Design, develop and implement training programs for client’s staff.
• Implement & document procedures/policies for client’s operations.
• Determine impact of new operations/processes/capital projects upon the EH&S programs. Developing program changes necessary to support business objectives.
• Analyze existing and future processes to identify cost-effective solutions to reduce EH&S impacts.
• Design and implement programs for conducting periodic audits/inspections of client’s operations.
• Ensures corrective actions are implemented as necessary.
• May be responsible for supervising technical support staff.
• Client retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Education/Licenses: Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree & 2 years of directly related experience Associate’s degree & 6 years of directly related experience or High school diploma / GED & 8 years of directly related experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software systems.
• Must have good technical & business writing skills and good communication and team skills.
• Advancement requires increased independent actions, responsibilities, program development and project management.