• Doctorate degree in Engineering OR
• Master’s degree in Engineering AND 2 years of Project Management experience OR
• Bachelor’s degree AND 4 years of Project Management experience.
• Shift: Administrative hours (8 am – 5 pm). Overtime on weekends may be required.
• Project Management Certification (Lead Projects and Present Progress)
• Software (Microsoft (Project, Excel, Power Point), Smartsheet, Johnson Controls (BMS, QBMS)
• HVAC knowledge (temperature and humidity control)
• Operational Excellence (Lean Six Sigma Certification
• Inventory Management (Excel, Smarthsheet)
• Advanced Analytic Tools (e.g. development of dashboards in Tableu, Smartsheet, Excel)
Oversee, manage and coordinate all operational aspects of ongoing department projects impacting multiple departments. Serves as liaison between project team and department.
1. Manage all aspects of project(s): planning, implementation, monitoring, completion, and follow-up.
2. Manage competing timelines and prioritize critical tasks. Establish and achieves project standards for work quality and quantity.
3. Assess project issues and develop solutions to meet scientific, productivity, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
4. Assist in technical, financial, and organizational issues by researching issues, providing recommendations and maintaining document archives.
5. Maintain and track project budget(s).
6. Reconcile the use of resources for the projects.
7. Identify and anticipate schedule slips or changes and analyzes the costs and resource impact.
8. Implement tools, techniques and processes to provide or create information to enable informed decision making within the teams.
9. Actively participate in directing the evolution and defining the role of the project
10. Ensure the project goals and objects are well understood by the various functional areas.
11. Liaison with department staff, sub or satellite team leaders and members to obtain their continued input and feedback on the benefits, needs, and issues associated with the project.
12. Maintain the master project plan and schedule for assigned projects.
13. Recommend and develop operational or process improvements for the performance and successful functioning of the project team.
14. Provide department management with project management support on an as needed basis as well as for special projects.
15. May manage and direct the activities of project support staff
16. Conduct annual performance reviews, and provides career counseling and general guidance.
17. Identify or lead focus area projects within the overall function of project management or related projects.
18. Generate periodic updates and prepare formal presentations for required forums.
19. Generate individual and more complex reports utilizing various resources.
20. Ensure project work complies with domestic (may also involve international) regulatory requirements and approved guidelines relevant to area of responsibility.
21. Ensure project work complies with practices, policies and standard operating procedures.
22. Participate in required meetings, activities, and related projects and relevant interdepartmental activities.
23. Anticipate resource needs and communicate to management sponsors.
• Other functions that may be assigned.
Doctorate degree OR Master’s degree and 2 years of Project Management experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Project Management experience.
• Skills in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks, and projects simultaneously.
• Skills in working under time pressure, and effectively in a team matrix environment.
• Practical project management software and spreadsheet skills, proficient computer operation skills.
• Effective interactions in a team or matrixes environment.
• Good organizational skills, detail-oriented & accurate, analytical skills.
• Team player, self-starter, persistent, tactful, and persuasive.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills (writing and presentations).
• Ability to assume increasing levels of responsibility.