Doctorate degree and 2 years of Project Management experience
OR Master’s degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
OR Bachelor’s degree or and 6 years of directly Project Management
BS in sciences (Chemistry or Biology preferred) or Engineering (preferred: Chemical/ Industrial/ BioTech)
Skills in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks, and projects simultaneously.
• Skills in working under time pressure.
• Practical project management software and spreadsheet skills, proficient computer operation skills.
• Effective interactions in a team or matrixes environment
• Good organizational skills, detail-oriented & accurate, analytical skills.
• Must be a team player, self-starter, strategic thinker, persistent, tactful, and persuasive.
• Fluent business English and Spanish, written, and oral
• Effective verbal and written communication skills (writing and presentations).
• Must be capable of growth and increased responsibility.
• Understanding and experience with Ariba Sourcing and Contracting Modules. Experience with SAP, Trackwise and Project management tools preferred.
• Highly proficient with MS Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Change Control as owner (key experience)
Administrative Shift non-standard
Oversees, manages, and coordinates all operational aspects of ongoing department level projects having significant impact on multiple organizations. Serves as liaison between project team and organization.
1. Manage all aspects of project(s): planning, implementation, monitoring, completion, and follow-up.
2. Manage competing timelines and prioritize critical tasks. Establish and achieves project standards for work quality and quantity.
3. Assess project issues and develop solutions to meet scientific, productivity, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
4. Assist in technical, financial, and organizational issues by researching issues, providing recommendations, and maintaining document archives.
5. Manage and track project budget(s).
6. Negotiate and reconcile the use of resources for the projects.
7. Identify and anticipate schedule slips or changes and analyzes the costs and resource impact.
8. Develop and implement tools, techniques, and processes to provide or create information to enable informed decision making within the teams.
9. Actively participate in directing the evolution and defining the role of the project.
10. Ensure the project goals and objects are well understood by the various functional areas.
11. Liaison with Management, Department Heads, Leaders, sub or satellite team leaders and members to obtain their continued input and feedback on the benefits, needs, and issues associated
with the project.
12. Maintain the master project plan and schedule for assigned projects.
13. Recommend and develop operational or process improvements for the performance and successful functioning of the project team.
14. Provide senior management and department heads with project management support on an as needed basis as well as for special projects.
15. May manage and direct the activities of project support staff.
16. Conduct annual performance reviews and provides career counseling and general guidance.
17. Identify or leads focus area projects within the overall function of project management or related projects.
18. Generate periodic updates and prepare formal presentations for required forums.
19. Generate individual and more complex reports utilizing various resources.
20. Ensure project work complies with domestic (may also involve international) regulatory requirements and approved guidelines relevant to area of responsibility.
21. Ensure project work complies with practices, policies and standard operating procedures.
22. Participate in required meetings, activities, and related projects and relevant interdepartmental activities.
23. Anticipate resource needs and communicate to management sponsors.
** Other functions that may be assigned.