Minimum 5 years equivalent AutoCAD experience. Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2009, Word, Excel, and Access.
Facility Construction & MEP experience and prefer cGMP facility experience.
Compile and maintain control of records and related files to the release of blueprints, drawings, and engineering documents to Manufacturing, Engineering and other operating departments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES BY PRIORITY
1. Make a digital matrix to record all the plans with their description, by building, by project, by product, by date, by discipline, by review, etc. to facilitate and expedite the search for technical information through plans
2. Digitize plans that are in hardcopy (buildings in service) to facilitate and expedite the search for technical information through plans.
3. Convert all plans into MicroStation to AutoCAD (buildings in service)
4. Maintain the engineering database and related files for facility & process documents.
5. Field verification of drawings as required (upon request by project).
6. Final as-built record drawing, incorporating red-marked (upon request by project).
7. Change request drawings revisions (upon request by project).
8. Field data gathering for as-built, red-marked drawings (architectural, layout, piping layout, P&ID, Electric, HVAC, etc.) (upon request by project).
9. Evacuation Route Layout revisions (upon request by project).
10. Trained and authorized to provide drawing control services according to CAD-Compliance
11. Document control (version control) of drawings of the different disciplines for all buildings that are not scheduled to be demolished will be done using IDEA. It is expected that the person who identifies himself to carry out the work, identify the latest version and update the drawing according to the facilities and request the incorporation of these in IDEA. The process after the search for drawings and the revision control is planned to be carried out in line with the process of reviewing any controlled document in the facilities in IDEA and later in Vault.
12. Prepare drafting projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of structures and equipment systems derived from layouts and sketches (upon request by project).
13. Update facility drawings to ensure accuracy for submission to various government agencies.
14. Continuous auditing, investigating current company designs for accuracy & correcting inaccuracies.
15. Provide complete customer service to all while using experience to prioritize those services.
16. Update drawings plant wide to include regulatory submissions and any others as requested.
17. Accurately create/update drawings for projects as required by Change Control, Engineering Project Request, or Work Request
18. Prepare requests for reproduction of facility/process drawings and documents as needed.
19. Examine blueprints, drawings, and as-builts for completeness and accuracy.
20. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Engineering/Maintenance.
21. ASSOCIATED PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
a. Work with supervisor to adhere to site documentation standards. Works closely & consults with engineers regarding model accuracy, design and as-built drawings.
b. Display a working knowledge of equipment within the department in order to maintain process efficiency.
c. Rely on experience and judgement to plan and create various drawings.
d. Maintain control of all Regulatory submitted facility drawings.
e. Update facility drawings to ensure accuracy for submission to various government agencies.
f. Continuous auditing, investigating current company designs for accuracy & correcting inaccuracies.
g. Display a working knowledge of equipment within the department in order to maintain process efficiency.
h. Provide complete customer service to all while using experience to prioritize those services.
i. Ability to effectively interact with other operating departments within the facilities.
j. Ability to manage singular projects which are limited in scope and routine in nature.
k. Ensure all records comply with policies and procedures.
22. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
a. Minimum 5 years equivalent AutoCAD experience. Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2009, Word, Excel, and Access.
b. Facility Construction & MEP experience and prefer cGMP facility experience.
23. Physical and Mental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions:
a. Physical Demands / Surroundings – Approximately 90% of work is performed in a normal office environment with intermittent exposure to outdoor conditions, extreme heat and cold, noise, odors, gases, and plant floor equipment. Required to walk various distances on level / unlevel ground during clear or inclement weather conditions. Climb ladders / steps. Climb over / under piping, duct work, and equipment at floor level.
b. Visual Demands – Sufficient vision acuity for safe motor vehicle operation. Must be able to read from printed materials and computer monitors.
c. Temperaments / Mental Requirements – Must possess the ability to be flexible, adapt to situations, and be creative. Be able to deal with a wide variety of people on project teams.
d. Level of Proficiency – Must be able to possess a proficiency in areas of construction, engineering, quality, validation, calibration, EHS&S, and maintenance. Must be able to carry out assignments regardless of complexity with minimal supervision. Must be able to provide technical assistance to others whenever necessary.
e. Attendance / Schedule – This is a full time – short term position. Due to the nature of this position, the individual must be able/willing to adjust their personal schedule to meet the job requirements as required for the business goals and objectives.